Poly Tech Type 81 LMG
The Type 81 LMG has classic looks and is an iconic piece of history. A solid and enjoyable shooter, an asset to any collection. Our shipment is expected to sell out very quickly.
The Type 81 is a gas operated, magazine fed, semi-automatic rifle. It uses a short-stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and a two-position gas regulator. The bolt group (of the rotating bolt type) is borrowed from the Type 63 rifle. Type 81 rifles also retains the Type 63 bolt hold-open device, which catches the bolt in the open position after the last round has been fired from magazine. The fire selector – safety switch is located at the left side of the receiver, just above the pistol grip, and can be easily operated with the right hand thumb. The open sights are marked from 100 to 1000 meters.
Developed by the Chinese military as a replacement for their Type 56 rifles (license produced AK-47). Was designed to have a longer service life, higher accuracy, improved durability and better controllability in full automatic firing. The Type 81 is used by multiple military and police forces across the globe.
In practice the Type 81 is incredibly flat shooting, comparable to a 5.56×45 in felt recoil and muzzle rise. Reliability is astounding, with not a single rifle coming back for failures. Lightweight and ergonomic, an asset to any shooter’s collection.
Comes with two 5/30 banana magazines, bi-pod, manual, oil bottle and integral cleaning kit. Sling and drum magazines available as optional accessories. All parts and components are brand new production, not surplus. Non-restricted class. Internal wheel of drum magazine is only cut out for 5 rounds, rest of plate is un-cut and flat.
- Thicker and longer chrome lined barrel for better retained accuracy during high volume firing
- Folding integral bi-pod for firing support
- Front sight moved to the end of the barrel to provide a longer sight radius for added precision
- Top mounted folding carrying handle
- Rear stock changed to “club foot” style to allow the user to fire from the prone position more comfortably
- Chrome lined barrel and gas system
- Short stroke gas piston
- 2 position gas regulator
- Last round bolt hold open
- Caliber: 7.62x39mm
- Method of Operation: Gas Operated; Rotating Bolt
- Length: 1024mm
- Barrel Length: 520mm
- Weight, Empty: 4600g
*Ships with standard 2x 5/30 round magazines. Drum magazine extra.