Double Alpha-X Race Holster
In recent years Double‑Alpha Academy’s competition holsters have been setting the benchmark for advanced design and cutting-edge performance. The Race Master Holster has become the go-to competition holster worldwide for many top Champion shooters in our sport.
Double-Alpha is known for not standing still, and over time the Race Master Holster has been improved. Upgrades and refinements were made to its hanger system and more recently, to the patented insert block, making it magnetic and improving its performance further.
And now, over the past few months, DAA has been working on the next generation holster.
We are very proud to introduce the Alpha-X holster!
The ALPHA-X was born of years of experience and market feedback, looking to take the Race Master Holster even further, creating a new fresh, striking look and adding several meaningful performance upgrades.
- New Ball Joint and Lock-Up Mechanism
- The ball joint of the Alpha-X offers a wide range of motion, allowing you to position your holster at just the right angle. This holster uses a much larger ball joint and a pressure lug lock-up, which locks the ball firmly without marking or damaging it. With this system even the smallest adjustments are always possible.
- The ball joint is now located higher up, closer to the center of the holster. This reduces the torque and forces applied, contributing to the solid rigid feel of the holster.
- A large easy-to-reach one-screw locking system allows you to adjust the holster position even when wearing it.
- Body Rail Height Adjustment
- The Alpha-X achieves its height adjustment by means of a rail built directly into the side of the holster body itself. This offers an extended range of adjustment and again reduces torque and forces applied. Here too the lock up is achieved by an expanding dovetail mechanism that does not gouge or damage the rail.
- Detachable Belt Hanger
- The Alpha-X has a two-piece belt hanger which can be dismantled by opening a single screw, allowing all position settings to be maintained while removing the holster body from the belt for easier space-saving transport.
- The Alpha-X belt bracket is designed to fit only on a 1.5” wide competition style belt. It will not fit on a 1.75” or a 2” belt unless you are prepared to cut a piece out of the belt. And, like all Race holsters, it should only be used on a firm, rigid, thick belt.
- Interchangeable Color Logo Inserts
- The Alpha-X is available in black anodize only, with an assortment of optional color inserts for the hanger and body logos. You can change these laser-cut plastic inserts whenever you choose.
- The Same Race Master Insert Blocks!
- The Alpha-X utilizes the same successful magnetic insert blocks used by the latest generation Race Master Holster. An Alpha-X Holster can be purchased with or without an insert block, making the upgrade easier and more affordable for shooters already using our Race Master Holsters.
With its improved performance, simplicity and striking new looks, the Alpha-X is poised to become the next Race Holster of choice for shooters worldwide.
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.
**Does not include insert, please see Double Alpha Inserts