Firearm safety precautions will be performed in each and every circumstance listed below at all times without question regardless of any circumstance or the weapon will not be handled. If you can’t perform the safety precaution or if you do not know how, put the weapon down.
1. Before stripping the weapon (disassemble)
2. Whenever the weapon is handed to another person
3. Before it is brought into a building from outside
4. Whenever it is being picked up and has been out of sight (even if only for a moment)
5. Whenever the status of the weapon is not known (for example, if you are not sure you properly unloaded your weapon)
6. Before cleaning or inspecting the weapon
7. Whenever there is a possibility that a round may be in the chamber and the weapon is not intended to be fired
WHEN IN DOUBT, PERFORM A SAFETY PRECAUTION. IF THE SAFETY PRECAUTION IS NOT KNOWN, A COMPLETE UNLOAD WILL BE PERFORMED FOLLOWED BY AN INSPECTION OF THE CHAMBER AND FINALLY A TEST DRY-FIRE WITH THE WEAPON POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION (WHERE APPLICABLE). ALL STAFF MEMBERS AT WILD WEST ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE SAFETY PRECAUTION DRILLS OF EACH AND EVERY WEAPON USED AT, SOLD BY, OR ON THE PREMISES OF WILD WEST. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, PUT THE WEAPON DOWN AND ASK FOR ASSISTANCE.
Shooters enjoy using guns, however, no one enjoys accidents cause by the miss-use of guns. Our commitment to safety is enforced to ensure that everyone can enjoy themselves in a safe and controlled environment.
THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT RULES OF GUN SAFETY:
Never ever point your firearm at another person.
Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
It does not matter if you have double-checked the chamber for rounds, or if even if you know the safety is on, or if the gun is broken, or even if it a plastic model of a gun. People get very uncomfortable when you point gun-looking objects at them. Don’t make your friends nervous. Prove to everyone around you that you know gun safety, and that you respect the incredible power of firearms.
Cleaning your weapon is a great way to inspect it. Regular cleaning is important. Click here for more information.
Proper storage of your firearms is important. Learn more here.